Pages - Menu

Monday, August 26, 2013

Starting Early this year...

Every yeaar I try to start early on Christmas and every year I usually get sidetracked and push it off...sometimes so bad that I am last minute rushing to get done in time. I end up stressed out and worn out! lol I know others find themselves at the same place maybe feeling and doing the same thing, pushing off til later.

I usually get sidetracked by Halloween, well this year I can proudly say...so far...I am doing pretty good! I have started Christmas and Halloween!I haven't gotten stressed just yet...lol

I am the kind of person who gets burnt out from doing one thing over and over, that is why I do so many different crafts. When I get burnt on one I jump to the next one and then I don't have to worry so much about losing my mojo...don't get me wrong I do lose my mojo and then I feel like I have nothing to do...I am bored...and sometimes even feel guilty not working on a project.

When that happens I get out and get some air! Take a walk, play outside with the kids, yard work whatever, I just step away from all the crafts...Sometimes I need a break, a little time off...a day maybe two and then I'm back and ready to go.

There I go rambling..lol off topic and such see sidetracked...lol anyway today I am sharing what I have worked on for Christmas, Come back Tomorrow and see what I am working on for Halloween!

I have made these for the family and I some friends! These would be great for neighbors and co workers! Just slip in a little candy and a gift card, maybe some coffee and starbucks card for the coffee lover, bath products and a bath and body works card, I could go on and on but you get the idea! The possibilities are endless. Plus they are on the small size so there is no big dollar amount to fill them and then add a gift card perfect to say I care! These would even be great for teachers and bus drivers for the younger kids to gift! okay I have to stop or I'll be here all day...lol



Above is the Red, green and white stocking I have made four of each color so far. You can tell the size by the crochet hook. All stockings here are the same size. (6 inches from top to bottom and 3 inches wide- the opening at the top is 2 3/4) a large hershey bar will fit and a gift card easily.




The picture does not do the next three stockings justice! I love the yarns I used, unfortunately when it is gone it is gone. They do not make the yarn any more. It is a metallic yarn but it is not abrasive, just shiny! There are other yarns like this but none are this sparkly. All the yarns used are acrylic. Above I used White and Sparkling Taupe (light Tan)
.



Here I used the white and Sparkling Red. I tried staying with traditional colors at first and using up some of the smaller balls of yarn I have...to make room for more! lol  Then I do have a few requests for some not so traditional colors...which is fine by me I can't wait to see how they turn out!




Here is the white and Sparkling Green, a deep hunter green...really pretty color. All of them are but This one is very rich in hue. I love making these cute stockings, they are great gift ideas for the winter months...I think so anyway! 



This is the last one Blue and white very pretty even though there is no sparkle but we can fix that...lol I am going to make a few extra for a special project and gift. I think it is a wonderful idea and helps get people in the spirit...I talked about it in my YT video for these, I am making a tag and stitching it to the hanger portion of the stocking. It will have instructions for spreading cheer! 

These goodies are for you to enjoy,
once your through, 
pass the stocking on to someone new.
Share the joy,
refill this stocking
hand it off to a friend or someone new!

Keep the spirit of giving going a piece of candy, maybe a small token whatever you can spare, after all it is a tiny space to fill, fill it quick and pass it on show someone you care.

If you find yourself with this stocking on Christmas Eve, tuck it away safe for  you are the lucky one to start the cheer next year!

I thought this was a great idea, I may even start one here! Let me know what you think!
well, I am out of here, see you soon!

Have a great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!