Pages - Menu

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Knights hat!

Everywhere I looked to try to find a pattern for this hat for my son and hubby they wanted an unreasonable price and to have it made was crazy! I do not deny it takes time to create it...But come on lets be real people this hat 40 bucks lol anyway I have made more intricate hats that are worthy of 40 plus but this is so simple!!!

No I did not cave in and purchase a pattern nor did I waste money buying one! I simply drew up a sketch of what the real helms looked like and started my own pattern...now I'm sorry but the pattern is not for sale and I am not posting it either...I am however taking custom orders, but it will not be at their prices! Mine are fair, anyways All the ones I have seen offered are warm but not as warm as mine. I use the warmest stitch so it can be warn during the coldest times, if it is meant for role-play (LARP-ing) only then I will use a less warm stitch like they do.

I am not trying to knock to belittle the others making this kind of hat...But I do get a little heated when people really rip others off. I understand we need to make money but not this way...Uggg sorry I don't want to get started.

Anyways here is what I came up with! I love my pattern and so does every one who has seen the hat so far. I am so glad I did not cave mine was fairly inexpensive and quick to make.

I hope you all like it! It was fun to create and the warmth is awesome.


The face guard is removable, and it pivots up and down. It covers the nose mouth and chin, when you do not want it to cover your face it rests a top your forehead. Like a real knights Helm! 
Know it is simple to add plumage but....If you are like me I did not want to hear SPARTA! over and over so Plumage this one has not lol!

Well , I hope you all like it and sorry for the rant!



1 comment:

  1. my husband wants one...i want to make but i cant find the pattern anywhere ...

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!