Pages - Menu

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Halloween project for the year!

I Love Halloween! It is my favorite holiday and time of year! All the smells, the fall foliage it is all so breathtakingly beautiful! Love, love ,love this season...I do not care for the super cold nights and winter getting closer though! lol

Ever since I was a child I loved and looked forward to Halloween! The idea of dressing up was the draw I believe...Don't get me wrong the candy was awesome too! All the parties and trick or treating...those were the days...

I remember going out with my friends, walking around the neighborhood til late at night about 10 pm. We would walk the whole neighbood and we had such a good time. Every year there was a party at our church and they had games and food and costume contests...It was good times...

It is a shame that our kids miss out...That is why I have a huge party for them every year, even though some of them are adults now they look forward to the fun and games. This year we are doing Medieval Time Period (theme) I am so excited, lots of fun we will have!

Decorations, invitations, food, games, campfire and campout...yes you heard me right we have a over night party and serve breakfast the following day and then every one parts ways. (Sat dinner- Sun Breakfast) it does get cold so some do venture inside to sleep but some weather the cold in tents with loads of blankets by the fire...(we keep going to the wee hours)

Our party has become tradition, we have been doing it so long...no one wants it to stop, so we keep on each year with a new theme!

Here are the invitations for this years event!



This is my nephews invite all of them are the same! A treasure chest from the Royal Court (thats me lol) Each one has a name label on the front for the recipient. 




I used memento inks to stamp the images. The stamps are from the girls paperie, inkadinkadoo, and TPC, the cardstock I used is from Darice the chocolate lovers stack (8 1/2 by 11).




inside I put a few goodies as well as some party info! you know the basics just details of where, when, and what not! 



The campfire card in yellow and orange I used stickles on, it has the info for itinerary by the fire and over night camping. 

The card with the gold embossed trophy contains info on the Medieval games that will be taking place.

The rolled scroll has all the basic party info and is tied with twine, the message was written on adding machine tape, love it, looks just like old parchment!

I also included a lollipop and butterscotch candies (royal gold lol) I added a trick or treat circle popdotted embellishment with a spider in center to one of the butterscotch candies.

I made these assembly line style, like many of my projects for family...there are a lot of us! I got them all done and so everyone has time to get their costumes ready I will be handing/mailing  these babies out today! Some make their own costumes so with every ones busy schedules I have to sent them out this early so everyone has a chance to get them done!

On to the next project! lol  

Remember to vote...bottom left of blog! I appreciate it! 
Havve a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!