Pages - Menu

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Altered Notebooks...

Sometimes I want to craft and be crafty but I am lost on what I want to create! This usually happens to me when I have been crafting like crazy, when I am burnt out and tired, and sometimes just feeling overwhelmed.

When this starts to happen I know I am about to lose all my mojo and I step back for a moment and think about what I know someone could use, or have mentioned they would like...Then, I set off on creating said item and most of the time woohoo I am back in buisness and ready to craft galore again...the times it doesn't work...well then I know I need a break just a little down time to clear the fog...lol

Sometimes we just need a little time to organize our thoughts and ourselves before we can jump back in! This is exactly what I have been doing...lol So much going on and I love to stay busy but I believe I over did it! lol But I am getting back on tract now and eager to dive in!

All the kids in my family love to write, journal, draw, etc. So I thought I would start making a few altered composition books! It was slow going at first but then I got into a groove and three were finished in no time! Woohoo! Yea three more gifts out of the way! We have three birthdays in Sept, Three in October and a huge Halloween Party! Nov. one birthday and thanksgiving, Dec christmas for over 15! I said I like to stay busy right....lol

All of the family affairs mentioned, throw in Dr. appointments at this time monthly, starting a small business, homeschooling (prep for College), and just daily life in general...I think I keep busy! lol We all do...I'm not complaining hust explaining I work best when I am active and not stagnant...sometimes I get carried away and go overboad! lol like now! Sorry about the rambling here are the journals/notebooks...


I wanted to keep them simple and utilitarian. When I write I like to use both sides of the paper so I wanted to keep the embellishments on the flat side and few so there is less to snag when being pulled out or put in a bag, or back pack or even a purse.

Here are some close ups,

Starting with the yellow one I used DCWV Spring Fling stack for the paper and some dollar store stickers this one is a bee with vellum wings a burlap strip with flowers and bling. I am not a big fan of yellow but I just love it





This is the pink one. I also used DCWV Spring Fling stack for the paper and dollar store sticker. It is a vellum sticker of a water lily flower. Love it!





The last one is a blue one. I used DCWV Spring Fling Stack for the paper, and a dollar store sticker. The butterfly is a dimensional sticker with bling. So pretty!




There you have it! I hope you like them! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!