Pages - Menu

Friday, October 25, 2013

My first tea cup Pin cushion

I made this for my sisters Birthday! 

I was trying to figure out what to get her and she didn't want anything so I thought well, she is making the kids Halloween costumes for my party so Maybe a pin cushion would be nice.

I have always had trouble with store bought ones! when I would go to insert the pin when I was sewing it would tip over or the pin wouldn't go in and it would slow me down...I'm a mom on a mission Like many of you my day is filled and I have little me time to go slow I can sew very quick I have pretty steady hands and my machine could hold its own in Nascar..lol So when the pin cushion is crappy it slows me down.

I had a cup sitting around that does not get used so I figured it would be prefect it is heavy and very sturdy. I made a firm cushion and glued it inside the cup them added some black lace, tear drop trim, some gold trim and burgundy satin ribbon with bling around the top rim of the cup. The bottom I added the gold trim with bling.


My sister loves utilitarian items so I thought this to be the perfect gift and I kept it simple so there is no worry that the decorations will get in the way or pop off.

I hope you all like it! I had a great time making it.


My sister loved it! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!