Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Recent projects

Under orders to take it easy, not to over exert myself...

To me that means, no housework, yard work, no anything with that obscene four letter word WORK! lol

No really I have been doing a little here and there to get back into the swing of things, needless to say my crazy hectic life...

I have been trying some new things, and working on a few projects at a time jumping back and forth between different mediums, so as not to get burnt out on one. Or lose my MOJO! that would be awful I really get bummed out when that happens.

as you can tell recently I am on a crochet kick and have been for awhile. I love to crochet and make items that are useful. As it is still cold here I am still crocheting when the weather warms I will be doing less crochet or only doing small items no blankets and afghans as they keep you warm while you work, in winter I welcome the added warmth but not when the temperature is warm to begin with.


In an earlier post I showed you how to make these quick tags. 
I'm using these on gifts for this weekend.


I have made a pair of earrings to dangle off the tags as an extra little gift.
But also to let the recipient know this is a cute way to store some of their earrings if they so choose to.
Just attach a ribbon to the top and hang on the wall.


the earrings were simple to create but are beautiful this one is made with a black crackle glass bead and 2 large bead caps.


These were made the same but with clear crackle glass beads and 2 large bead caps.



Here are the cards I created. keeping things simple and easy to work up, but look pretty is what I am about when it comes to making items as they are needed. I need to create some cards to keep on hand so i don't have to make them all last minute.



I used Colorbok cardstock for the card bases. The patterned paper is from my scrap stash. I used bling from my stash in red and clear. I stamped the sentiments and added a cute K and company acetate butterfly. I also used a Martha Stewart punch for a bit of detail. It was all adhered down with Scotch quick dry glue.



This is the same as the one above except done in green and clear bling!





Like I have stated I do love utilitarian items. So I do not heavily decorate everything I create. Here are two altered notebooks I have covered with scrap papers, diecut and left over stickers from other projects. a bit of thin ribbon and 4mm bling.




I really like how these projects came out! And I love the fact that my scrap bin is finally starting to shrink in size! 

I don't think I'm over doing it! lol well...maybe a little but I will take a little time off and rest and work up some new projects and recipes (maybe) to share with you all. 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!