Pages - Menu

Monday, March 18, 2013

Altered photo cube

I usually do not alter items, but I thought I would have a go at it! I found this little photo cube at Walmart and thought it would be perfect for my coffee table. It has four glass panels one each side, perfect for my family of four. I can keep a recent pic of each of us out on display. This cube spins and as you can tell can store items inside!! I'm going to use it to store my crochet coasters.
Let's get started on how I made this easy project.

I took the glass out sanded the edges, then I painted it wicker white from Folk Art paint.


Once it was dry i put the glass back in and the top back on.

Next I crocheted some coasters and little bitty flowers and leaves to adorn the top. I made one extra coaster/doily for the top for decoration.


I hot glue adhered them down but e6000 works good also. I also added a little fun eyelash yarn crocheted flower center for a little more detail and interest.


I love how it came out. I just have to add some photos and it is ready for the coffee table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!