Pages - Menu

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Crochet Butterflies


Crochet is a relaxing craft to me...


I can do it just about anywhere, and at anytime I have a few minutes.

In the winter I have yarn out everywhere and usually a few projects going on at once. I have a rather large family and make handmade gifts pretty much all year long. The winter especially family and friends know that one gift will be crocheted. 

I like to make and try new patterns. I have found that many online free patterns are horrible... you get all excited to try a new pattern and make a gift for someone and your project comes out odd nothing like the pic they provided, while other patterns are awesome perfect to the T. 

It really is a shame that patterns can be so far off they say perfect for adult but when you are done they fit a toddler! Everyone crochets differently some crochet tight some loose some in between. This is exactly why I make my own patterns as much as possible.

Below are some of the butterfly magnets I made recently. I have made these in the past to sell at craft fairs and they always did very well. 



It is a great way for me to use up some of my smaller size yarn balls leftover from other projects. i know I have said it before but I love small quick projects, they work up in no time at all and are cute to add to gift baskets! 






All of them have a strip of strong magnet adhered to the back with hot glue. They look really cute on the fridge! 

Take a few minutes of your time and create something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!