Pages - Menu

Saturday, March 23, 2013

A delicious alternative to potatoes...

A healthier version of a beloved favorite...


If you and yours are anything like my family and I, then mashed potatoes are a staple.

In our house mashed potatoes are had many different ways. And by ways I mean flavors, my family can't get enough. We have plain, garlic, bacon, bacon cheddar, ranch, and even roadkill (just the name not actually whats in it.) Plus many others.

Just to clear up the comment earlier roadkill potatoes are made with cream cheese and some veggies and are delicious yummy goodness they just look a little off and that is where the name comes in.

Now back to the topic... see I even get distracted just talking about them...

Mashed Cauliflower...if you are not a huge fan of this veggie i understand, neither am I. I do eat it just not very often and it would not be my first pick for a side to dinner. But made like this I do like it. 

It is a much healthier alternative to potatoes and less carbs so if you are trying to watch your carb intake this is a good way to replace your potatoes! These are rather yummy I have to say.

These are easy to make and have very little ingredients for those with little time or not so great at cooking this is for you!

Mashed Cauliflower

1 head of cauliflower
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter

chop up the cauliflower into florets add butter and steam till tender. Mash the cauliflower or food process till
desired consistency and add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!