Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Quick and Easy Dinner Recipe

I am always on the look out for quick and easy, balanced meals to keep in my last minute go to recipe book. Alright you got me, the recipe is kept with our tried and trues, the ones we use the most. not only because they are quick but because they are dishes we really enjoy.

This year my daughter requested this for her 18th Birthday party.  Prep time can be cut down by cutting ingredients the night before.  I don't mind the prep except in this case when I am cooking for 14 people. This is when I prep the night before. 


Here is what you need for 14 people

8 large green bell peppers
6 large vidalia onions (onion of choice)
8 pounds of russet potatoes
7 1/2 pounds mild Italian sausage


I cut the peppers into strips and sauteed them, and then I did the same with the onions. I cut up the potatoes skin on into 1 inch cubes and boiled them til fork tender. I ringed up the mild Italian sausage and fried that on the stove top just til cooked through and medium browned. I then tossed all the cooked ingredients into the container, let cool then stored in the fridge overnight.

I took the foil off the oven proof container and heated it at 350 degrees for one hour stirring about every 20 minutes or so. So not to burn the top layer.






this recipe can easily be cut down for a family of four as follows and maybe have a little leftover for lunch the next day, we usually do not have leftovers with this!


2 large green bell peppers
1 large vidalia onion
about 8 large russet potatoes
2 1/2 pounds of mild Italian sausage

Prepare as you would for serving 14 except this you can cut cook time down to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  you only need to stir once.

if you want to eliminate using the oven at all, once the veggies and sausage are sauteed mix them together in pot on stove top. continue to saute with potatoes for 5-15 minutes or completed heated through. Everything is cooked the first time around so it is virtually ready to eat but the extra 5 -15 minutes together on stove top lets the flavors marry to enhance the flavor the dish!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!