Pages - Menu

Monday, March 18, 2013

Crochet tags

Great way to use up some scrap pieces of paper and yarns.


I cut circles out of some scrap papers about two inches in diameter. Then used my crop a dile (1/8) to punch holes around the outside of the circles.




They do not have to be perfect. I like to try to space them about 1/8 inch apart, but I use mercerized cotton to stitch around the circles if you use acrylic yarn 4 ply you can space the punches about 1/4 inch apart.


Here are a bunch I have punched out and they are ready to be crocheted. 


Here are just a few with different stitches around them. All made with mercerized cotton.



I love these, they work up quick and are great for tags for gifts. I just write the persons name who is going to receive it and either staple or stitch the tag to the project. I even hung a pair of homemade earrings from the stitching and attached it to a package for my daughters birthday.

These would be cute with a picture in the middle for a gift tag, ornament, or even scrapbooks the uses for these little babies is endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!