Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Water color picture i made

This was a fun project! I made this on water color paper.
First you pick three colors and water color on a wash (wet paper) leaving some white showing no rhyme or reason just spread on some paint then sprinkle salt here and there. (dots in the paint) the salt actually repels the water colors. (must use good quality water colors for it to work well). 

once the paper is dry usually overnight. You draw on your images, try to make them flow as if one design not separate ones. (make them grow from one another) Make sure that they are the same subject coming from within you. mine are dragons and myself each is a different type of dragon. The wyrm or baby from present day, the second is the medieval dragon of past and then the tribal dragon of the ancients. They are also from different cultures. But I will not go into that. lol

Sorry I'm sure you don't want a cultural, art and history lesson lol.
Next you ink the image and color them but not completely you want the water color to show through so it is like almost a thought or wispy dream like. Best way I can explain it.
I drew in with my Pitt pens some black and gray flames licking up from the base of the photo, like a burning passion. All art speaks what does this say to you?






Would love to hear your thoughts. Hope you like it!

Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!