Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Charcoal picture


This picture was made by using a charcoal stick. Which is compressed charcoal. You use a razor blade to shave small particles on a piece of paper and a set of blending stumps to shade the picture, in this case a banana pepper. There is no fine line drawing like for coloring book images or digi's the shape is created by shading not staring with a sketch but a blank paper and charcoal shavings.

This is very time consuming but very relaxing. I love doing projects and pics like this.

the white areas are the paper showing through where no charcoal is, the only color you use is black. the blending tools help achieve the various gray hues.

Charcoal projects have to be sealed so the charcoal does not rub off. I use working fixative this way if I want to go back and add more I can!


I hope you all like it! 
Please  let me know what you think, or questions in the comments! 

Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!