Pages - Menu

Friday, February 22, 2013

I love to Crochet, but that was not always the case!


I remember when I was little and my mother was trying to teach me how to crochet. I am surprised she was so persistent! I was making chains that circled the living room! then I would tear them out and start again. Over and over I did this...My gosh If I was her I probably would have pulled my hair out lol! 

Finally she suggested that I learn new stitches and so I did. 

 It took a long time for me to get the hang of it...not because it was hard but because...well I was Lazy and impatient so to speak. I wanted results and it took way to long to finish anything. 

Then I learned the double crochet, wow a big stitch that cuts the amount of rows and speeds the project up. I loved it! And off I went thinking I was the best showing off my great speed and knowledge of crochet trying to finish a simple double crochet throw blanket...

Here I must speak in my defense I was about 8 or 9 years old.

Well you can only imagine what this blanket looked like. It was red with black racing stripes down the center. Well kind of the stripes were off center I didn't count rows just eyeballed it remember I knew it all! lol anyway that's not it, it was supposed to be a rectangle, but it was so wonky and out of shape you could tell it was supposed to be a rectangle but the rows did not line up some had more stitches than others. I finished that blanket and my mom was proud but I wasn't! It was awful I was so upset that it didn't look as nice as my mom's. But she said she loved it and that I created my own pattern and that if I took my time and counted, put love into it Mine would be better than hers. She always knew how to make me feel better, to keep going and never give up, help me have patience when I was ready to throw in the towel! 

 She always said give it time, take your time, count the stitches, count the rows, enjoy what you are doing, don't rush it, love takes time.
Funny how one comment can apply to so much in life!

Anyway as you can tell I never gave up on crocheting! In fact I started counting, enjoying, adding love and even creating my own patterns!




Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!