Pages - Menu

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Do you like COFFEE? 

I do and I love iced coffee as well! 
I rather make it at home and have it exactly how I want it then to pay for it out. Don't get me wrong I Love Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks but I rather save a bit of money.

I buy the coffee grounds/beans at the store and brew them at home. I can add what I want to them such as my own homemade creamers or make them into homemade Frappe...

My Family Loves the creamers and The Frappe's. They are better than store bought in our opinion. But you be the judge try them for yourself.

For my Vanilla Creamer

you will need a 32 oz container to store it in an old creamer bottle works very well. and a great way to recycle.
  • 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 cups milk (any will work I use 2%)
  • 2 tsp Vanilla extract
 combine all ingredients in container of choice and shake thoroughly.
That is all their is to it. Shake good each time before you use it. It will last a week in your fridge, but it never lasts that long in our house.

I have other recipes for different flavors also if any one is interested I will post more.

Homemade Frappe

Think about how much money it costs you to buy a four pack of Frappe in the store...Now how much to brew 10 cups of coffee at home...It comes out much cheaper to do it yourself.
you will need a rather large container about 3 quarts to store it in.

  • 10 Cups of Coffee Brewed (hot so dissolves sugars quicker)
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar packed
  • 1/2 Cup Vanilla Creamer (Homemade tastes yummy but store bought is fine)
Add Coffee and sugars together and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add creamer stir thoroughly. After cools to room temp place in fridge for 4 hours or until cold. 
You could just pour over ice and enjoy from room temp if you can't wait.
 Or even blend with ice and make a slush iced coffee those are always yummy too!

Hope you try them! If you do please leave a comment, would love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!