Pages - Menu

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Something new...

Kind of...I keep journals and draw but not like this!


I started with ths old drawing book I had laying around. I figured it was time to put it to use! well, at least start to! I will decorate the cover when I finish the book. 

I am a notebook, journal, drawing book collector! lol i have so many and will not use one until i know what i want to do with it. So sometimes they sit on the shelf for a LONG time! lol

Anyway, this one has been chosen to become my art journal.


Now don't laugh...lol Go ahead laugh I did! This is my attempt at an art journal! I would say mixed media because i have used a couple different mediums but not to the extent that i have seen. 

I found i have a hard time making an art journal THICK. I like to see what I can do with little supplies. Do not get me wrong I have plenty to work with. But I do not combine mediums together, so this is new to me.

I have done pencil, pen and ink, colored pencil, water color, acrylic, etc but never on one piece of paper. Well I start in pencil then ink it and sometimes color it but never with a mixture of mediums. i will do all my coloring in one medium.

Here I did water color, colored pencil and plain inking, as well as some drawing techniques. I hand drew it all no stencils. I like to keep my art journals to basics I guess I am old fashioned! lol


I decorated the first page with all things I like! A silky soft banner! I love nature so trees and flowers are a given. I used a vine because my ideas sometimes grow wildly out of control! lol the Letter B for Brenda, the brick wall for strength, celtic knotwork a passion and i'm a bit Irish, Tiger, dragon and Wolf tribal art and the little demon leading on following the stone trail. 

We all get carried away and that is what the little demon symbolizes! I got so lost creating this I spent hours planning and creating this and actually forgot about everything else...My husband called me to dinner, thank goodness it was his night to cook!

Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To leave a Comment. I love feedback!